Crab and Roasted Red Pepper Rosé Sauce Rigatoni
- 4 oz. rigatoni
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. each chili flakes and salt
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 3/4 cup/6 oz. passata (strained tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup/2 oz. 35% whipping cream
- 1 cup/6 oz. crabmeat
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
How to Make It
Sage is traditionally used to flavor potato gnocchi. Fried until crispy in a little olive oil and butter with prosciutto, it’s so simple and so delicious. Serve as a side dish for roast pork, beef or chicken.
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and reserve 1/3 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook prosciutto and sage for 2 to 3 minutes or until crispy.
- Add gnocchi, reserved cooking liquid and lemon zest to skillet; toss until well coated.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese.
- Cook peas or asparagus with gnocchi.
Makes 6 servings. Per serving: 232 calories, 7 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 30 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g sugars, 8 g protein