Crispy Ravioli with Marinara Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 lb. cheese ravioli
- 1 cup/3 oz. bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp./1 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp. each garlic powder, paprika and dried oregano
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup/8 oz. marinara sauce, warmed
How to Make It
Baked instead of fried, this breaded ravioli makes a crowd-pleasing appetizer or snack for sharing.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Drain well. Arrange in single layer on tray; let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Lightly coat large baking sheet with cooking spray. In shallow bowl, stir together bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and oregano.
- Dredge ravioli in flour and shake off excess. Dip in beaten egg; coat with bread crumb mixture. Transfer to greased parchment paper–lined baking sheet, spacing about 1-inch apart in single layer. Lightly coat tops with cooking spray.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Sprinkle with basil. Serve with warmed marinara sauce for dipping.
*Tip: Add 1/4 tsp. chili flakes to bread crumb mixture for a spicy addition.
Makes 8 servings. Per serving:186 calories, 4 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 56 mg cholesterol, 387 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g sugars, 9 g protein