- 16 pieces fresh gnocchi (about 4 oz.)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Italian herb mixture
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 16 small cubes (1/2-inch) mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sodium-reduced marinara sauce
How to Make It
These gnocchi-stuffed meatballs have a tender pillow of gnocchi and a cheese nugget inside to create the ultimate family-friendly appetizer.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Boil gnocchi according to package directions.
- Spread in single layer on baking sheet; let cool.
- Whisk together egg, 1 tbsp water, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, garlic, herb mixture, salt and pepper. Crumble in ground beef; mix together until well combined. Form into 16 meatballs.
- Make indentation in each meatball. Insert one gnocchi and one cube of mozzarella; reform meatball around gnocchi and cheese.
- Bake on foil-lined baking sheet for about 15 minutes or until golden, cooked through and cheese is melted.
In saucepan, warm marinara sauce over medium heat. Serve meatballs with sauce for dipping.
• Add 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley to meatball mixture if desired.
• Serve meatballs on festive toothpicks as party appetizers.
Makes 8 servings (2 meatballs per serving). Per serving: 200 calories, 9 g fat, 4.5 g saturated fat, 70 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g sugars, 19 g protein