Lemony Grilled Calamari Ziti
- 4 oz. ziti rigati
- 6 oz. calamari, bodies only, cleaned
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup/2 oz. celery hearts, thinly sliced on the bias
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp./1 oz. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp./1 oz. extra virgin olive oil
How to Make It
This light calamari recipe is refreshing and so easy to put together! In less than 30 minutes you’ll have tasty pasta dish full of nutrients and lean protein. (It’s also dairy-free – perfect for those with dietary restrictions.)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the ziti according to package directions. Drain and reserve.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the calamari. Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill over high heat. Pat dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss with vegetable oil.
- Grill calamari for 1 minute per side or until nicely charred and just cooked through. Remove to a cutting board and slice into ¼” rings.
- Place the ziti, calamari and celery in a bowl. Toss with the parsley, lemon juice and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Makes 4 servings.