Gnocchi alla Sorrentina
- 3 ounces Lilly’s Potato Gnocchi
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 10 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 2 oz. fresh mozzarella, cubed OR 2 oz. shredded mozzarella
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for topping
How to Make It
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat; add onion and cook until soft.
- Lower heat to medium-low and add crushed tomatoes and chopped basil; continue cooking and stirring slowly until some of the tomato liquid has evaporated and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Meanwhile, boil gnocchi in heavily salted water for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add boiled gnocchi to sauce and gently sauté until gnocchi and sauce are well incorporated.
- Remove pan from heat; add mozzarella and stir quickly until cheese is stringy.
- OPTIONAL: before packing, add gnocchi and sauce to oven-proof bowl, top with more mozzarella and Parmesan, and bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan (if desired) and garnish with more fresh basil.
Serving Size: 1
- Potato Gnocchi