Pear and Mascarpone Nirvana (Dessert Pasta Recipe)
- 12 Lilly’s Pear and Mascarpone Sacchetti
- 1 and 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split
- 1 tbsp. salted butter
- 1 tbsp. minced shallots
- 1/2 tbsp. amber honey
- 3 candied pecans/pralines, crushed
- 1/2 tbsp. bittersweet or dark chocolate shavings
How to Make It
- Heat cream in a tall pot; split vanilla bean and steep in cream for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil sacchetti for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Melt butter in a hot sauté pan; add shallots and sauté until translucent.
- When cream is finished steeping and is fragrant with vanilla, pour over butter and shallots; reduce by one third. Once reduced, swirl in honey.
- Toss cooked sacchetti with sauce and remove from heat.
- Top with crushed praline pecans and chocolate shavings. Garnish with a split, cooked pear (optional).
- Pear and Mascarpone Sacchetti