Pear and Mascarpone Nirvana
Sweet-and-savory pasta luxury that’s far simpler to prepare than it appears.
- 10 to 12 Pear and Mascarpone Sacchetto (#02049)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split
- 1 tbsp. salted butter
- 1 tbsp. minced shallots
- 1/2 tbsp. amber honey
- 3 candied pecans/pralines, crushed
- 1/2 tbsp. bittersweet or dark chocolate shavings
How to Make It
- Heat cream in a tall pot; split vanilla bean and steep in cream for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil Pear and Mascarpone Sacchetto for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Melt butter in a hot sauté pan. Add shallots and sauté until translucent.
- When cream is finished steeping and is fragrant with vanilla, pour over butter and shallots; reduce by one third. Once reduced, swirl in honey.
- Toss cooked Pear & Mascarpone Sacchetto with sauce and remove from heat.
- Top with crushed praline pecans and chocolate shavings. Garnish with a split, cooked pear and arugula (optional).