Vegan Impossible Foods™ Ravioli with Rich Mushroom Demi-Glaçe
- 4 pieces Meaty Vegan Ravioli
- 3 tbsp. EVOO, divided
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced Cremini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. flour
- Splash of red wine
- 1 cup mushroom stock or vegetable stock
- Sprig of fresh rosemary
How to Make It
- Boil ravioli in salted water at a strong, rolling boil for 4 to 6 minutes. Reserve about 1/2 cup of pasta cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp. of the EVOO in a large skillet and sauté the shallot until softened. Add mushrooms and sauté until they are tender and have released their moisture. Stir in tomato paste and continue to sauté for 1 to 2 more minutes and allow everything to caramelize.
- Whisk flour into remaining 1 tbsp. EVOO until it forms a smooth paste. Whisk oil and flour paste into skillet mixture, making sure there are no lumps.
- Add wine to skillet and stir quickly until well combined, then add stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and continue simmering until liquid has thickened and reduced by about half.
- Add cooked ravioli to skillet and toss until well combined. If sauce becomes too sticky, add pasta cooking liquid about 1/4 cup at a time; if it is too liquid, continue simmering a few more minutes to reduce (the starch from the pasta will also help thicken the sauce).
- To serve, transfer ravioli to plate, then scoop mushrooms on top. Finish with a sprig of fresh rosemary.
- Meaty Vegan Ravioli (view product)