Antipasto Appetizer with Mortadella Casoncelli
- 1LB Lilly’s Mortadella and Prosciutto Casoncelli
- 8 (1-oz) slices prosciutto
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/4 inch thick lengthwise
- 1/4 cup high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup giardiniera salad
- 2 tbsp. balsamic glaze
- Chiffonade fresh basil
How to Make It
- Cook Casoncelli in boiling salted water slightly past al dente, about 6 to 7 minutes. Rinse in cold water and leave in cold water bath to chill.
- Roll each slice of prosciutto tightly in a slice of mozzarella. Slice each roll into 1-inch chunks, securing each with a toothpick.
- Toss the chilled Casoncelli in olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare platter with giardiniera on the bottom; top with Casoncelli, and arrange prosciutto and mozzarella slices on top. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with chiffonade fresh basil.
- Mortadella and Prosciutto Casoncelli (view product)