Fall Pasta Sauce with Asiago, Prosciutto, and Smoked Butternut Squash
- 5 Agnolotti or 5 ounces Gnocchi
- 3 tbs. butternut squash – slowly smoked, grilled, and diced
- 1/2oz. prosciutto di Parma, thinly sliced (julienned)
- 1 tbs whole unsalted butter
- 1 tsp minced shallots
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- 1 tbs Asiago cheese
- 1 tbs Pecorino cheese
- 2 tbs green peas (fresh or frozen)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Boil pasta in heavily salted water for 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a medium sauté pan, gently melt butter. Add shallots and cook until translucent, about 1 minute.
- Add half of the peas and squash; warm gently and set aside to be used as garnish.
- In the same pan, add remaining ingredients except for prosciutto. Gently simmer to melt the cheese and thicken slightly.
- Using a slotted spoon, add the ravioli or gnocchi and simmer in the sauce for 30 seconds (pasta will continue to release natural starches and add a silky texture to the sauce).
- Remove from heat; add prosciutto and mix.
- Arrange in bowl and top with peas and squash; shave a bit more Asiago or Pecorino on top and serve.
- Fig, Mascarpone and Prosciutto Agnolotti
- Fresh Sage Gnocchi
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi