Gemelli Pasta with Sausage and Broccolini
- 1 pound Lilly’s Fresh Gemelli or Fresh Cavatelli
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 links (about 4 oz. each) hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or pecorino-Romano cheese, plus more for serving
How to Make It
- Blanch broccolini in boiling water until just tender (3 to 5 minutes); drain and put into ice bath.
- Cook fresh pasta in boiling salted water for 6 to 8 minutes or until desired texture; drain and set aside, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat; add shallots and garlic and sauté until softened slightly and beginning to brown.
- Add sausage to pan and break up into pieces; sauté until cooked through. Add chicken stock and broccolini to pan and simmer until pasta is cooked.
- Stir cooked, drained pasta into sauce; cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until sauce is thickened and ingredients are well incorporated (2-3 minutes). Turn off heat and stir in grated cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and divide into 4 bowls; serve with more grated cheese if desired.