Smoked Gouda Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 pound Lilly’s Fresh Baby Shells, Fresh Cavatelli, or Fresh Cavatappi
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 oz. shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil baby shells in salted water for 2 to 4 minutes (allow 6 to 8 minutes for Cavatelli or Cavatappi); drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat, then whisk in flour. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in milk; reduce to low heat.
- Add cheese, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste and melt slowly.
- Fold in cooked pasta until well incorporated and transfer to cast-iron skillet or other oven-safe dish. Top with Panko crumbs.
- Toast in oven for 10 minutes; sprinkle with more parsley to serve.