Classic Bucatini all’Amatriciana
- 4 ounces. Lilly’s Fresh Bucatini
- 3 ounces pancetta, guanciale, or bacon, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, whole
- 1 (14-oz) can crushed tomatoes or ground peeled tomatoes
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Grated pecorino-Romano cheese for serving
How to Make It
- Heat the olive oil and onion over medium heat.
- Add pancetta and cook until crispy on the outside.
- Remove pancetta and onion from pan, keeping the fat in the pan.
- Add tomatoes and red pepper flakes to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, then add pancetta back into the pan.
- Meanwhile, boil Bucatini for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add cooked Bucatini to pan with sauce and stir until well-incorporated.
- Plate and top with grated cheese for serving.
Serving Size: 1
- Fresh Bucatini