Clam and Chorizo Tortelloni in White Wine Tomato Broth
Summer seafood and chorizo are a match made in heaven in this savory but light dish. Finish with fresh lemon and parsley and enjoy with your favorite white wine.
- Lilly’s Chorizo Tortelloni
- 3 large or 5 small fresh clams
- 1/2 c. white wine
- 1 c. clam juice
- 1-2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/4 lb. chorizo
- 1 tbsp. butter
- olive Oil
How to Make It
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil and cook Lilly’s Chorizo Tortelloni until al dente. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan with a lid, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add onions and cook until softened, then add garlic and allow to cook through.
- Slowly pour clam juice, white wine, and tomato paste into the pan and bring to a low boil. Season broth to taste. Add clams, cover and cook until clams open, about 5-7 minutes.
- When the first clam opens, add chorizo tortelloni to the pan and allow remaining clams to open.
- Remove from heat and serve with parsley, butter, and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
- Chorizo Ravioli (view product)
- Black Pepper Gnocchi
- Lobster Tortellacci
- Frutti di Mare Ravioli (view product)