Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Frangelico Honey Cream
- 4 Lilly’s Wild Mushroom Porcini Ravioli
- 1 oz. raw hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp. whole salted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 oz. Frangelico or other hazelnut liqueur
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp amber honey
- 1-2 oz. grated Parmigiano or Romano cheese
- Pinch of fried sage leaves (for garnish – optional)
How to Make It
- Boil ravioli in heavily salted water for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Dry roast hazelnuts in a pan to bring out oils and aromas, then remove from pan. Set aside a few hazelnuts for garnish; mill the remaining hazelnuts until about 3 quarters become dust.
- Melt butter in pan; add shallots and sauté until tender.
- Swirl in the hazelnut liqueur (be careful – this will cause the pan to flame).
- Reduce liqueur-butter mixture by 1/2 to 3/4, until syrupy.
- Add heavy cream and reduce by half, then swirl in honey.
- Add grated cheese, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Spoon sauce over ravioli; garnish with remaining whole toasted hazelnuts and fried sage leaves.
Serving Size: 1
- Wild Mushroom Porcini Ravioli