Spicy Chorizo Bolognese
The traditional bolognese gets a Latin twist with the addition of chorizo, and red pepper flakes for a spicy chorizo bolognese that’s hearty, flavorful, and filling.
- Lilly’s Fresh Pasta of Choice
- 1 lb. chorizo
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 4 tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 large sprigs fresh thyme
- red pepper flakes
- black pepper
How to Make It
- In a large pot begin to cook chopped onion over medium heat. Cook through, add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add tomato paste and stir constantly allowing mixture to caramelize.
- Add chorizo and ground beef to the pot and cook through. Finally, add crushed tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, fresh herbs, and red pepper flakes to your heat level. Allow to simmer 20-60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste and serve over your favorite Lilly’s Fresh Pasta product. Garnish with fresh grated cheese or diced jalapeños (optional).
- Cassava Gnocchi (view product)
- Ricotta Cheese Ravioli (view product)
- Mustard Greens & Kale Agnolotti
- Butternut Squash Ravioli (view product)