Pumpkin Agnolotti with Sage and Walnut Butter
- 2 lbs ravioli
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tsp. honey
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup fresh sage leaves (remove stems)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Grated Parmesan for topping
How to Make It
- Bring 6 quarts of salted water to a rolling boil. Boil ravioli for 4 minutes, using tongs to stir for 45 seconds (this will prevent them from sticking together). Reserve 1/3 cup of pasta water.
- Combine the vinegar, honey, and bay leaves in a saucepan over medium high heat; cook about five minutes until syrupy. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a (separate) large skillet over medium heat; add the sage and walnuts and cook for three minutes.
- Add the reserved cooking water and cook to reduce by half (about two minutes).
- Finish by tossing the ravioli with the sage butter; divide and top with Parmesan and a drizzle of the balsamic syrup.